The Grocery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grocery

The Grocery's forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips for Energy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Storr

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov - 22:46

So i was wondering what people do for energy?

Sats / solar plants / fusion?

any pro and cons would be great
Back to top Go down
Admiral Pellaeon

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 1:46

Energy: Generally, the way to go is to get your solar power plant to somewhere between level 20 and level 27 (I go with 26), then switch over to solar sats.

I like this way of doing things because it means that I don't 'waste' resources on solar plants that I could be using on mines, but, if I do lose my sats, I can still keep my production up to a level where I can quickly build up sats again.

The thing with the satilites is that even if you lose them once (or twice), paying 600K crystal to build 200 satalites 3 times is still alot cheaper than paying for a level 30 solar plant.

And fusion sux. takes us fields, drains deut, etc. I used it when I was starting out the uni and was getting raided a lot, but now, sats are cheaper in the short run and the long run!
Back to top Go down
Chocolate
Admin
Chocolate

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 9:13

nothing more to add.
just for example: i have solar plant lvl 20 on all my planets, then i build solar satellites (about 500)
for mines: 31/28/28
Back to top Go down
https://thegrocery.forumactif.org
Admiral Pellaeon

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov - 10:37

20? Well, that's a bit lower than I thought it would be, but whatever. It seems to be working really well for you, so who am I to stop you?

On a related note, what positions do you go for? Colder or hotter planets?
Back to top Go down
Chocolate
Admin
Chocolate

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov - 21:21

slot 4,5,6,7, it gives the biggest planets and each satellite bring you between 35 and 40 energy units (it's quite enough)
Back to top Go down
fatizzle

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 2:04

Have you guys changed your methodology for this? I just finished solar 25 and have started the rounds of solar 26. This level isn't an issue, but pretty soon the solar plant will be past my level of daily production.

I still get probed a lot and don't think that solar sats would be a good way to go. Do you guys have any other tips of how to handle the energy crisis? I was thinking about bumping up my deut production so I can trade for the difference, but I don't know how reliable that would be.
Back to top Go down
thegavin

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 5:45

my newbie oppinion: dont bump up the deut, it takes almost twice the power of the same level of metal/crystal. I dislike fusion, and I also dislike sats so unfortunately, as dumb as it is, I at least am going to head for level at least 29 power then go to sats
Back to top Go down
Chocolate
Admin
Chocolate

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitimeSat 3 Apr - 10:07

deut is too important, you can easily trade it and balance your metal/crystal production
a small defense can protect your solar sats and solar plants become quickly expensive (more than solar sats)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tips for Energy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Energy?   Tips for Energy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for Energy?
Page 1 of 1